Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A SHUTTERBUG'S NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION



Okay, this is just a random post. Never had any "New Year's Resolution-thing" in my life but today I think am gonna do some for me to break the monotony of my existence in this Instagrammable world. 

In a few days, 2017 will lock herself in the history of time and a new year will open... 

(Photo above is not owned by Marion's Den. Credits to the owner of the photo)

So let's welcome the new year and let's . . .

(Photo above is not owned by Marion's Den. Credits to the owner of the photo)

. . . our road to happiness, success, misadventures, and adventures of the coming another 365 days of 2018.

Here's my Shutterbug's New Years Resolution:

1. I'll STOP thinking of buying a new camera

Okay, I panicked when Nikon Camera shut down in China because I am a Nikon user and what if Nikon will shut down, what will happen to my lens... okay I'll stop panicking. 


2. I'll Shoot more and make people happy or sad or bash my work. 

That's the nature of it no matter what you do it's the trend.


3. I'll do away with "Preconceived Ideas" 

The thing is I have to stay away a little bit from social media so I can see the reality with my own eyes back again. Most of the images I have seen today are somewhat the same from what was being published already. Same style, same filters, same concept, the result is boring.


I'll just shoot what I love to shoot. 

4. I'll Think Film

Okay, it is obviously given that our digital cameras including smartphones can take multi shots without worrying about running out of film. 

(Photo above is not owned by Marion's Den. Credits to the owner of the photo)

The wisdom of being limited makes you great. 
Think Film, means you have to visualize your shot, study the background, measure the light, compose your shot well, and frame it properly before clicking your shutter.

5. I'm going to start and finished a project

I used to think of planing a photo project but remains in the thinking-of-a-plan stage. LOL! I planned and plan to have a compendium of 365 Memories where I'll take a photograph each day and compile it here on my blog. Am gonna title it A compendium of 365 Memories.

"Kuya Ali"

6. I'll Take My Time

This can be in contrast to #5 but I hope it will not. I'll take my time to take photos because over the past years I let go of some beautiful stories because I have no time capturing them. 

7. I'll Enjoy taking and making photographs

What's the point if am not gonna be happy with what I do, right?



HAPPY 



~ THANK YOU ~

Post a Comment

0 Comments