Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

WHY I SWITCHED TO A MIRRORLESS CAMERA OR DID I?

WHY I SWITCHED TO A MIRRORLESS CAMERA



Whazzup everyone, anyone... no one? Heh! Is blogging is still a thing in 2020? Social media platforms kills it but I don't care. Am still here writing some crap about photography and some other things in this world even with no audience. This is my little space in the cyber world, so I don't care if no one is here. Enough of that, let me proceed to my topic today:

WHY I SWITCHED TO A MIRRORLESS CAMERA
Taken with 6s

Why I switched to a Mirrorless Camera. I've been a hardcore DSLR camera user for a decade especially during professional works like wedding. DSLR Cameras, I believe are still the monster cameras up to this day. Photo quality of a DSLRs are perfect. But time comes that I need to upgrade gears. My 10 year-old first DSLR camera retired a year ago. My 5 year-old DSLR camera is about to retire too, but I hope it will not retire yet, because I can't afford to buy another one. Am not that kind of photographer who were blessed with silver spoon.


One day a friend of mine asked a favor to sell his 1 year old APS-C Sony A6000 with a 16-50mm kit lens (used only 5 times during travels; shutter count was still low) to my fellow photographers for an affordable price. I like mirrorless camera but not a fan of it and not even planning to buy one due to the nature of my photography style. I need a monster camera for weddings and other professional work. I tried selling the A6000, as well as researched on its reviews and specs so I may have knowledge on the camera itself. Selling it was difficult, most prospective buyers don't want to pay cash but trade it in with their iphone or go pro. 

For almost a month in my hands, I tested the Sony A6000 for the first time. It feels great, it wasn't like some other mirrorless cameras that feel like a toy in my hands. Trust me there are lots of know mirrorless camera out there that feels like very toyish. This one, the A6000, it's like it's telling me, "Hey you, am your li'l monster camera!" The images were great in the big screen too. So I decided to test this little monster in the battle field. Wow, this baby works wonder! Mind you, I used its kit lens. Performs better in low lights situation. Images were sharp, colors were better than other mirrorless camera, autofocus were faster enough, not that fast compared to A6100, A6300, A6400, A6500 up or Sony's full frame cams though, but this is super fine with me. Plus, the shutter sound, oohhh, damn that sound it's so good to hear. 

WHY I SWITCHED TO A MIRRORLESS CAMERA
Taken with 6s

So, with the approval of my ever supportive lovely wife, I decided to buy the entry level APS-C Sony A6000 as my backup camera. It came in time and at the right price. 

The first Sony A6000 popped up in this world 6 years ago, February 12, 2014 but I tell you, it still rocks in 2020. It might not be the best camera but it fits my photography style than any other brands.

Here are the specs of the Sony A6000

24.3 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
Bionz X image processor
Hybrid AF system with 25 contrast-detect and 179 phase-detect points
Built-in flash + Multi-Interface Shoe
11 fps continuous shooting with subject-tracking
3-inch tilting LCD with 921,600 dots
OLED electronic viewfinder with 1.44M dots
Diffraction correction, area-specific noise reduction, and detail reproduction technology
Full HD video recording at 1080/60p and 24p; clean HDMI output
Wi-Fi with NFC capability and downloadable apps
.
Did I switched? Nope, because for me DSLRs and Mirrorless Cameras have specific type of style and output. My Sony A6000 will be my portrait and back up camera.




Post a Comment

0 Comments