Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

7ARTISANS 12MM F/2.8


Whazzuuup everyone! After a few days looking for a wide angle lens that will suit my needs as  a portrait photographer, I finally decided to make the 7Artisans 12mm f2.8 be on my wish lists. There are lots of wide angle lenses that I can choose from but I know I am going for the 7Artisans not only because aside from it is already known for their durability, their lenses are of quality class and most of all affordable.



7Artisans' 12mm's maximum Aperture is f2.8 and with a minimum Aperture of f16. This lens is an ultra wide angle APS-C lens that is perfect for landscape photography/videography and as well as for architectural images and footage. . .  and never forget a portrait lens too. Imagine taking a portrait picture of a couple during pre-nuptial shoot or wedding shoot that includes the background. It's a wonderful picture, another drama from your casual portraits of couples.

"The optical system consists of 10 elements in 8 groups and has adopted the Distagon optical design and inner rear focusing mechanism." This intrigue me much. From that statement I know that this lens remains constant during focusing and can capture sharper images. . .  though according to some not that wide enough over other wide angle lenses. Well, 12mm is already wide enough for me. 



The build quality is unique. It's a full metal construction. Its little lens hood is attached to its body though. There are pros and cons with this one and one of the cons is how are you going to mount your filter? According to 7Artisans you will need to have a filter adapter for your filter. Another cost of money but it's only an option. The lens is very usable without a filter unless for those occasions that really needs a filter. The Aperture dial is De-Clicked and has the smoothest and super silent focusing ring perfect for filming.

SPECIFICATION:

- Equivalent in full format:   18.6mm /4.5
- Optical construction:           10 elements in 8 groups
- Number of aperture blades: 7pcs
- Dimensions:                         63x62mm
- Weight:                                 292g
- Filter size:                             55mm
- Hood:                                    Build-in, small petal-shaped
- Other features:                      DeClicked Aperture
- Mount:                                  Sony/Fuji/Canon/Olympus/Panasonic
- Lens Stabilization:                No Lens Stabilization


Here are some sample shots provided by 7Artisans






I am excited about this lens and I do hope I can have mine sooner. If I have it on hand, I will make another post about this lens, an on hand review for you out there who loves 7Artisans.

Till my next post!






Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Woww! Finally you made a review with a wide angle lens that can be used for portrait. But a hands on review is much better.

    ReplyDelete