Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

KAXINDA 35mm f1.6 CCTV LENS FOR SONY E-MOUNT


Whazzup everyone! Lately, I was looking for a prime lens with a wide aperture for my Sony A6000. I was looking online and there were lots of good choices for lenses. The problem was I was out of budget for automatic lenses so I decided to go for a manual lens. My first choice was the Viltrox 85mm 1.8 Full Frame Autofocus but I can't afford it at this moment. Then I saw the Kaxinda 35 mm f1.6 CCTV lens for less than P2000.00. 

I was hesitant to get the lens because it is a CCTV lens, meaning you need to buy an adapter to mount the lens on the camera. But then when I was reading the details of it, the lens was already an E-Mount Lens. This means I can directly mount this lens to my Sony A6000. No need for any adapter.

I looked for any reviews on YouTube and on Google but I couldn't find one, so again I was hesitant but I really wanted the lens so I gave it a try. 

Then Lockdown happened because of the Pandemic. I forgot about the lens but months later it arrived. I was excited about the lens. So, when I got home, I unboxed the box, and Boom, for less than P2000.00, I got a good lens (not the better one) that I can use with my, maybe fun portrait session if this lens is okay. 




Here are the pictures I took during my quick test of the lens.






MY VERDICT FOR KAXINDA 35mm f1.6 CCTV and VIDEO LENS

For me, the lens is sharp most of the time but the edges of the subject were soft. Lack of contrast but it is perfect for neophytes in photography and for hobbyists who are on a tight budget. For professional work, this lens can work, but I can't recommend this lens for events that require you to move fast like weddings that require you to get sharper images all the time. Invest in sharper, faster, and better lenses for professional works.

Post a Comment

2 Comments