Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

SIMPLE TIPS IN MAKING GREAT PHOTOS




A friend and office mate asked me "How come your shots looks better than mine?" I am not boasting on this, maybe it was just luck or I just see things differently.

Anyways, am not a professional photographer, am just into photography. Everything I know about this art I've learned it through trial and error. I haven't taken any paid courses about photography. I only joined free seminars courses... Yes, free seminars cause I can't afford paying thousands of pesos for a session... BWAHAHAHA! 

So, for my friend, Jolu and for others who love to learn how to take photos, here's my answer to hiss query:

1. LET'S TALK ABOUT GEARS
   
Camera is important. How can we take photographs if we do not have one. The question is, what kind of camera is best? The answer is, it doesn't matter what kind of camera. High-end cameras makes a difference but it does not make you a better photographer who takes better photographs. According to Chase Jarvis "The Best Camera is the One That’s With You." There's no need to explain about what he said.

I use most of the time my cell phone camera for my street photography and a mirrorless camera for some events. But when it comes to weddings, photoshoots, or photo coverage were I am paid, of course I have to set aside my mobile phone and bring my other cams.


Another thing, master your gear. Learn how to focus to take great photos. Don't just click the shutter.

2. LET'S TALK ABOUT LIGHT

Yes, Light. Photography is about recording light. Always look for the light when taking photos. Human's eyes are always directed to light, so place your subject where there's light. 

A simple explanation, It's great when you clearly see your subject. 


Photo above is taken from the net. Credit to the one who made it.


3. LET'S TALK ABOUT COMPOSITION

Reality speaking, there is no wrong-pictures taken, only better. How to make it better? Learn how to compose. 

NOTE: Photography is always a thinking activity... from the settings of your camera to your composition.

BASIC PHOTOGRAPHY COMPOSITIONS: The Thirds, Space, Colors, Patterns, unusual angles. 





4. LET'S TALK ABOUT WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN TAKING PHOTOS.

Think of what you want to photograph. Visualize and compose your image. Okay this sounds complicated specially when you are in travel photography, street photography, or any types of photography where you can't control your subject but still, you should visualize, compose and wait till your target image happens. 

Take photos of Events...


Take photos of People...


Take photos of Sights/Structures...


Take photos of Landscape/Seascape/Scenery...


Take photos of Emotions...


Take photos that capture moments...


Take photos of selfie/groufie shots. . . 


and Take photos that tell stories...



5. LET'S TALK ABOUT POST PROCESSING

Don't let Photoshop make your photos better. Take a better photo from your cam and enhance it a little bit in your post processing software. I say a little bit because I've seen photographs that is way way way edited. It looks horrible... 

Here are my Post Processing tools. . .

Snapseed for my Android photo editor
 
Adobe Lightroom for Pro work...


And my all around photo editor. . . 

.

I hope you have learned something here and I am happy to help you ,even a bit, to improve your photography skills.




~ THANK YOU ~

Post a Comment

0 Comments