Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

DUAW PINAS: Davao Roxas Night Market


Whazzup Everybody! Am back, yes am back doing some post about foods and travels. Am I really back? 

I stopped posting about my travels and foods because am not a travel nor a food blogger... I am a shutterbug. I don't know how to describe what I eat or curate my travel. Am not good in describing or telling stories in words. I think am better telling stories in photos. But I love foods and travel, so, I compiled my 2018 photos of my experiences at the Davao City Roxas Night Market.


After almost 2 years from the Davao City Roxas St. bombing incident which took 15 innocent people, the night market is again, becoming a street foods and dining tourist spot. Did it stopped? I think it didn't! 

I noticed, since the day the Roxas Night Market opened. it grows a lot. There are now new delicious delicacies being served like...

The Dynamite Stick with Cheeze, made of siling pahaba with cheeze strips and lumpia wrapper. 



The Buchi's, oh my! One of my favorites. These comes with different flavors: Strawberry, Cheese custard, Nuttela, Matcha, Chocolate, Monggo, and of course, Davao's pride, Durian.

I took a bunch of pictures of these buchi's








Another addition is the SiNugLaw. Sinugbang Baboy (grilled pork) and Kinilaw (similar to ceviche) but with a Davao signature taste. Before we can only find grilled pork but now, Roxas Night Market offers a perfect combo, again the sinuglaw.



Nothing beats the old Roxas delicacies, the barbecues. My taste buds are now craving for the pork barbecue!



The Roxas Night Market is a perfect place for bonding: for lovers, barkadas (friends), families... as well as for solo traveler and eater. 


I visited the night market last May 12, 2018 with my friends not to eat but to do some street shoots. The place is perfect for a photo shoot. The lights are dramatic, the place has free smoke effects (after the shoot you'll smell like barbecue, LOL!), the backgrounds are cool, and your camera and gadgets are safe; but just be careful, and always don't leave your things unattended even if it's safe.

Behind the Scene (BTS) during our fun shoot last May 12, 2018. I was with Master Mobile Photographer Ian Carl Panes and Opet QU.


Here are my sample shots


As what I've said, the lights and the place is dramatic.






Here's our just-for-fun, out-of-the-blue-kinda-prank vlog but turned out to be kinda okay, so here's our vlog for Davao City's Roxas Night Market:



Ian Carl and Cyrus Paul took a very awesome footage but I am very sorry for some blurry videos. I took those footages. My phone's video quality isn't that great. 


HOW TO GET HERE?

The Roxas Night Market is located at the Roxas St. Landmarks Ateneo De Davao, Aldevico, and Marco Polo Davao.

OPENING TIME

Around 5 to 6PM until 12 midnight. 



That's all for now. Till my next post :D






Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sir Kim :D Kana gud to na time na nagatawag si ma'am june para sa May 15 na bidding hahaha...

      Delete