Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

STREET PORTRAITS

MY PORTRAIT STORIES
by: Marion Kit


Today many are into portrait photography. There are many forms of portraits that evolved from the time the art of painting was born up to now... High-end camera's and many photo editing software  are being created... all for the art of portrait and photography. 

Wedding portraits, Outdoor/Studio portraits and Selfie portraits are becoming famous now than before were only few can have their portraits taken. Yes, for me, selfie/groufie is also a form of portrait because portraiture/portrait is defined and agreed by many as: "Portrait photography or portraiture is photography of a person or group of people that displays the expression, personality, and mood of the subject. Like other types of portraiture, the focus of the photograph is usually the person's face, although the entire body and the background or context may be included." -wikipedia.

Most common type of portrait is outdoor and studio portrait...

"A portrait of Lenie"

... And Selfie/Groufie Portraits...

"Lemme take a groufie"

But let me focus on Street portraits of Street Photography. I said Street portraits of street photography to distinguish it from another form of portraiture, STREETRAITS. RJ Monsod, a Manileño now a Davaoeño, is best and popular with this form of portrait photography.

Before I was taking portraits of models, Fashion shoots and Outdoor/Studio shoots but later I discovered I was into street photography and am having more fun recording stories. For me, the FEEL of the moment taking street portraits and the moment when you look at your photos in the big screen is different from other types of photography. I am not saying shooting outdoor/studio and fashion shoots are not fun for me, it is fun. I still shoot other forms of portrait from time to time.

For many, my work looks weird and irrelevant but I don't care. Not everyone loves paintings and not every body loves Ice cream... as long as I am enjoying what I do and I am still in the boundary of my limit.

Street Portraits are portraits randomly taken, simple, candid, spontaneous, and not directed but tell us the story of human life.


What I like about street portraiture, not to sugar coat, it's real and honest, and it's free. Different kind of stories could be recorded, could be immortalized and could be told to anyone who are interested to "listen."
"Thinking of what future brings"

Street portraiture as part of street photography is photography of life. A photography of preserving human memories and captures a genuine imagery. 

"Prayer"
"The Phoenix"
"Peace Yo!"

"Happy-Happy Lang"

~THANK YOU~

Post a Comment

2 Comments