Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I FOUND ALIENS IN THIS WORLD


Whazzup Everyjuan. Do you believe in aliens? I do because this universe is so vast and there are corners of this reality in which humanity hasn't discovered yet and I've seen aliens in TV shows. Hahaha... Joke.

But this post is not about the "common-aliens" we knew like Martians, E.T., and the ones that called us earthlings. I am referring these Aliens to some people living here on earth with a heart that doesn't only walk with you an extra mile but walks with you beyond extra miles. For me, these people are not just a being in this present generation but human beings being human. 

Last January 11, 2021, amidst this deadly Covid-19 pandemic, my wife was admitted to Brokenshire Hospital in Davao City for her to give birth to baby MG, our first baby. We were transported by Sir Albert at that time.

One of the requirements for admission was a SWAB Test for the mother. One swab test costs a lot of money and we don't have that much. Luckily, someone offered help for the Swab Test. Thank you, Ma'am Charma Amigleo, nurse, and my co-employee for your kind heart.

We arrived at Brokenshire Hospital at 2:00PM on January 11, 2021, and my wife (she's the only one allowed to enter the hospital) processed the admission documents. I followed the list of watcher's requirements like Chest X-Ray and Complete Blood Test. 

5:30PM, my x-ray result was finally out but sad to say I failed on my chest x-ray due to my previous medical condition and no one was there to truly explain to me the result of my x-ray and no one explained why I am not allowed to be the watcher of my wife since and ever since my chest x-ray result is the same with my all-chest x-rays. Nurses of the said hospital were telling me and my wife to look for another watcher who's not from a high-risk area here in Davao City. I understand they were cautious too because of the Coronavirus. 

I cried because this is a tragedy and I know no one can be here with my wife. My parents were already senior citizens, precisely they cannot qualify. We have friends but they also have families to attend. I cannot be with my wife during her labor time and giving birth is a total disaster.  

While I was being "praning", at 7:00PM, I reached out to DOH-OPCEN (Operation Center) and asked for some explanation about my x-ray result so I can be with my wife in the hospital. Even if I know that my chest x-ray was about my previous health condition, I began to think I am an asymptomatic carrier of the Coronavirus. It was around 7:15PM when Dr. Miliza Nadera and Dr. Jenny Adtoon from DOH-OPCEN called and explained to me everything regarding my chest x-ray result. I was relieved. But still, I was not allowed to be my wife's watcher.

At 7:00PM too, God's providence came, and without a single doubt in her mind, Ms. Rojene Rocha volunteered to be my wife's watcher. At 9 in the evening, the hospital approved Ms. Rocha's X-ray and they were permitted to go upstairs. I went home since I do not have any place to stay there. My wife was in the isolation delivery room since her swab result was not yet done. She was all alone crying and suffering from the pain of having labor while other mothers-to-be were in the Labor Room. 

Ms. Rocha was there for four (4) consecutive days giving her strength and support to my wife. She was there processing all the documents, buying medicines in the middle of the night since there were no available medicines in the hospital's pharmacy. Imagine, at 1:00AM, in a taxi cab alone, she went into the middle of the city looking for the specific meds prescribed by my wife's doctor. It's 1:00 AM and it's pandemic time. Imagine the risk she went through for my wife's sake. 

In my room, I was not able to sleep. I kept contacting my wife and at some point Ms. Rojene asking for updates. 

Early in the morning of January 12, 2021, I went to Brokenshire Hospital again even though I know I am not permitted to enter. I was there hoping and praying for my wife's strength and safe delivery. I was there from 7:00AM to 5:00PM.

(My place and my view for four days)

Ma'am Charma knew I wasn't able to pass the watcher's qualification and my wife was at the isolation room. Via SMS/TEXT communication, she was reminding me to be sane, helping me to be sound mind and sound body, telling me what to do, and never stop praying for my wife and baby because PRAYERS DO MIRACLES. For 4 days she was there too via text message. Indeed prayers do miracles.

Being at Brokenshire Hospital's parking lot the whole day was tiring because of the heat, plus wearing face mask and face shield the whole day. Ang hirap huminga at ang init; but I kept thinking that what I am feeling of discomfort right now can't compare to the pain my wife endured... and even to Ms. Roj's sacrifices. I went home in the afternoon since there's nothing to do there anymore and I am concern about my exposure outside too. 

While having dinner, Ms. Roj texted me that my wife normally delivered our little angel at 7:01PM. I was teary-eyed for happiness. 

Since there was no swab result yet. Every hospital personnel attending my wife giving birth were wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and these PPE's aren't free of charge.


January 13, 2021, My wife's Swab Test Result was a challenge. I contacted and kept contacting Ms. Kate Kong, med-tech of DOH-RESU, in charge of the swab results, for updates. She did her very best to follow-up on the result at SPMC but to no avail. Accordingly, the equipment went down and SPMC will manually re-run the test. 

For 24 hours since our little angel came, she was isolated from her mother and put in NICU section. She can't be with her mother because there was no swab result yet. We were worried about the baby's condition... if she was taken care of properly and if she was fed well.

We were expecting the swab result will come out today and my wife and daughter can go home with me. I kept on praying that everything will be okay but God has His own way of making things happen. There was no swab result yet, but according to my wife, there will be a New Born Screening test at 7:01PM, and it's part of the process of the hospital for newborn babies. This means they are not yet allowed to go home today. 

January 14, 2021, again, I was in my place at the Brokenshire Hospital's parking area praying everything will be okay. The heat of the sun was not an issue anymore, all I ever wanted was my wife and daughter will be healthy and safe. Time passes slowly, around 3:00PM, Ms. Kong texted me the swab result was out. Praise God we can go home now. 

Sir Albert fetched us also that day. Thanks to him also, he gave his time to us. He was still working that time but things paved its way for us. 

The names mentioned above are human beings being human. That made them ALIENS in this world. Angels Living In Earth Normally (ALIEN). I call them ALIENS. In this current generation, there are still people who are willing to give their time to help people in need not just finding time to help the need of the people. 



I'll end this post here. Thank you for reading this story.




Post a Comment

0 Comments