Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

WHY SHOOT WITH SMARTPHONE?



First and foremost, this post is not to replace the power of professional cameras. DSLRs are still the king and queen in terms of photography. 

Today, technology evolves like a speeding bullet and so does photography gears. We see new models of branded Digital Compact Cameras, DSLRs, Mirrorless cameras popped up almost every quarter. . . but not everyone needed to own one.

Same with smartphones, now, it comes with better quality cameras + everyone has it because it's not just your everyday camera but kinda like your little suitcase where you can store almost everything in it. It's your little bible.


Sadly, some photographers demise smartphone, doubted it, and hated it because it kills the photography industry; but some photographers also appreciate smartphones because they see photography not according to gears only but to how the photographer sees the world around him/her and how he/she gear to capture stories. 

Smartphone, it's what everybody has in his pocket or in her bag almost ALL THE TIME. I love smartphone and it's my everyday gear to bite moments and to tell stories. Some friends asked me why not use your DSLR or your Mirrorless Camera for your blog? Why use your smartphone? 


I can use my DSLR or my Mirrorless Camera but it's not always practical for me to bring my big babies + it's a waste of shutter count.  I believe and I trust my smartphone camera. I've been using it almost every single day. Yes, it is limited but this limitation is the key to become perfect.



I shoot with my smartphone because it delivers my needs and it challenges me with its limitations. 

I shoot with my smartphone because photography is not about how expensive your gear is but how "expensive" your image is (not monetary)

I shoot with my smartphone because of practicality and it's my camera that is always with me.

I shoot with my smartphone because it's the gear where I can practice my passion everyday without worrying about "shutter counts"



Chase Jarvis, a well known professional photographer said that "After all, I recognized that photographs are about stories and moments, not megapixels and dynamic range." I definitely agree with him. He's not just an idol but he knows what real photography is.



So, why not shoot using your smartphone camera and make kick-ass photographs? Here are some articles I posted before for your guidance in smartphone photography. These following posts are designed for iOS and Android users. 

Your limitation is your best weapon for success.

Taking better shots with smartphone cameras

Tell your stories well with smartphone photography

Head Turner: How to be a Selfie Expert

5 Common Photo Editing Mistakes We Do


What's the long wait? Grab your phone now and go outside and take some photographs. Let's immortalized moment!



~ THANK YOU ~



Post a Comment

0 Comments